Everything I know about 5G!
- 5G is 5th Generation of Wireless Technology.
- 5G is Software defined network.
- 10x faster than 4G, 2hour film – 3G – 26 hours, 4G – 6hours, 5G – around 4 seconds.
- Response times faster – 4G – 0.045 m/s, 5G – 0.01 m/s.
- Foundation for ViR, IoT, Autonomous Driving, Online Gaming is just a start.
- Might only start showing in production up late 2019 or early 2020.
Millimeter Waves – Millimeter waves are broadcast at frequencies between 30 and 300 gigahertz, compared to the bands below 6 GHz that were used for mobile devices in the past. They are called millimeter waves because they vary in length from 1 to 10 mm, compared to the radio waves that serve today’s smartphones, which measure tens of centimeters in length.
Small Waves – Use mini base stations, small stations to relay signals around obstacles.
While traditional cell networks have also come to rely on an increasing number of base stations, achieving 5G performance will require an even greater infrastructure.
Massive Mimo – Support up-to 100 ports, increase capacity of network by factor of 22 or more. Can cause more obstruction, next point helps.
Beamforming –Base station can send directional signals, focussed stream. Beamforming can help massive MIMO arrays, which are base stations arrayed with dozens or hundreds of individual antennas, to make more efficient use of the spectrum around them.
Full Duplex – Basic antenna can either send or receive at one point, but 5G can give room to send and receive at same time. This is similar to one track train but when it arrives/goes through a station/junction there is a room for another train to pass through on the same line.