Wireless : Antenna
Types of Antenna
- Omni Directional – Design to radiate RF signal in all directional. Default type of antenna in the APs.
- Semi Directional – Used for short to medium distance communications. Patch, Panel and Yagi come under the category of semi directional.
- Patch Antenna – used for outdoor point to point communication. Looks flat, usually separate from actual AP.
- Planar Antenna – Provide coverage for long hallways with offices on each side. e.g. In a big library or cabinet office setup. Beam shaped.
- Yagi Antenna – Used for short to medium distance. Upto 2 miles. Looks like typical TV antenna. Tilted most times.
- Highly Directional Antenna – Point to Point communications, network bridging.
- Parabolic Dish Antenna – Typical dish TV antenna (satellite coverage)
- Grid Antenna – Determined by wavelength